How To Save Presets In After Effects
If you want to know how to keep your most frequently used effects somewhere you can access quickly while you work, then you’re in luck. After Effects allows you to save any of the effects you have applied to your work and save them as a simple preset that can be found within your list of effects and applied with one click.
Not only can you save effects, but you can also save expressions, shape and transform properties as well as keyframes as a preset.
Here’s how it works:
- Create your effect(s) by applying them to a layer.
- Select each of your effects by left clicking the mouse (holding shift if selecting multiple).
- Go to Animation > Save Animation Preset in the menu at the top of the software window pane.
- Make sure to save your preset inside the presets folder that is inside your After Effects application folder
- Now navigate to the effects browser and search for the preset (remember what you named it).
- Drag your preset and drop it onto the layer you wish to apply it to.
And it’s just that simple.
Check out the video below to see a quick demonstration.