Stock Video Licenses
What types of licenses does The Fiction Story Room offer?
The Fiction Story Room offers two types of licenses: standard and extended. Every file downloaded from The Fiction Story Room comes with a standard license. An extended license gives you additional rights in exchange for an additional license fee. Unless you purchase an extended license, your use of content is subject to the standard license terms.
How can I use licensed content?
You may use content in any way that is not restricted (see Restricted Uses below). Subject to those restrictions and the rest of the terms of this agreement, the rights granted to you by The Fiction Story Room are:
- Perpetual, meaning there is no expiration or end date on your rights to use the content.
- Non-exclusive, meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. The Fiction Story Room can license the same content to other customers.
- Unlimited, meaning you can use the content in an unlimited number of projects and in any media.
For purposes of this agreement, “use” means to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, synchronize, perform, display, broadcast, publish, or otherwise make use of.
Examples of how you can use licensed content include: websites; blog posts; social media; advertisements; marketing campaigns; corporate presentations; newspapers; magazines; books; film and television productions; web and mobile applications; product packaging.
Please make sure you read the Restricted Uses section below for exceptions.
- No Unlawful Use. You may not use content in a pornographic, defamatory or other unlawful manner.
- No Commercial Use of “Editorial Use Only” Content. You may not use content marked “editorial use only” for any commercial, promotional, advertorial, endorsement, advertising or merchandising purpose. This type of content is not model or property released and is intended to be used only in connection with events that are newsworthy or of general interest (for example, in a blog, textbook, newspaper or magazine article).
- No Standalone File Use. You may not use content in any way that allows others to download, extract, or redistribute content as a standalone file (meaning just the content file itself, separate from the project or end use).
- No Use in Trademark or Logo. You may not use content as part of a trademark, design mark, tradename, business name, service mark, or logo.
- Sensitive Use Disclaimer Required. If you use content that features models or property in connection with a subject that would be unflattering or unduly controversial to a reasonable person (for example, sexually transmitted diseases), you must indicate: (1) that the content is being used for illustrative purposes only, and (2) any person depicted in the content is a model. For example, you could say: “Stock photo. Posed by model.” No disclaimer is required for “editorial use only” content that is used in an editorial manner.
- No False Representation of Authorship. You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work that is made up largely of licensed content. For instance, you cannot create a painting based solely on licensed content and claim that you are the author.
Restricted Uses – unless extended license purchased. Extended licenses are only available for purchase with credits on a file by file basis. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an extended license or have questions.
- No Products for Resale. Unless you purchase an extended license, you may not use content in connection with any goods or services intended for resale or distribution where the primary value lies in the content itself including, without limitation, cards, stationery items, paper products, calendars, apparel items, posters (printed on paper, canvas, or any other media), DVDs, mobile applications or other items for resale, license or other distribution for profit. This includes “on demand” products (meaning products in which content is selected by a third party for customization on such product on a made-to-order basis), including, without limitation, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, posters and other items (this includes the sale of products through custom designed websites, as well as sites such as zazzle.com and cafepress.com)
- No Electronic Templates. Unless you purchase an extended license, you may not use content in electronic or digital templates intended for resale or other distribution (for example, website templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, brochure design templates).
Are there any seat/user license restrictions?
- Yes. The standard license is for a single user. The seat/user restrictions refer to the raw file of content, not the end project or use.
- If you licensed the content with credits, this means that you may share content within your organization but the content may only be available to one person at any one time. Unless you purchase an extended license, you may not store the content on a server (giving more than one person simultaneous access to the content).
- Only one person (the same person) may access, license and use the content.
Intellectual property rights.
Who owns the content?
All of the licensed content is owned by The Fiction Story Room. All rights not expressly granted in this agreement are reserved by The Fiction Story Room.
No matter what license you buy, you can never use The Fiction Story room content for:
- Use in any logo or trademark
- Pornographic, obscene or libelous works